Sunday 17 October 2010

Dogs vs Babies

      I was at work a few weeks ago and decided to take a walk around the mall. It is an outdoor mall with a wide 'avenue' in between the shop facades. I stopped to grab my afternoon pick me up coffee and walked outside.
      I was greeted by an unusual scene. A tiny dog in a pink sweater was in a doggie 'perambulator'. A perambulator is a stroller and it is one of my favorite British words. This dog was strapped in to its perambulator but was still able to sit. It's owner was feeding the dog bits of its sandwich, as the dog was at the exact same level as the humans at this table. It was quite amusing and the dog in question was one of the more pathetic excuses for a dog I have ever seen.
        I walked on and came across another perambulator. Only this one was not moving. This stroller could not move any further because the 'Mum' pushing it had maxed out her child leash. Her child was on a leash and was sitting in the middle of the avenue and she could not move any further. She kept begging her child to, 'Get Up Dahling. Honestly. Please Get Up!'
       This has to have been one of the more ironic events I have witnessed thus far in  the mall. What is the world coming to I wonder sometimes...Babies on leashes, dogs in strollers. WTF?

No comments:

Post a Comment